- How Do I...
- Pay Taxes
Jefferson County assesses two kinds of direct taxes, real property and personal property, in addition to motor vehicle registration. Taxes are assessed by the Appraiser's Office & collected by the Treasurer's Office.
- Real property is typically land and all permanent structures affixed to it.
- Personal property are items not affixed to the land, and includes all machinery, equipment, furniture, fixtures, inventory, etc. (list of examples).
- Send a check to the Jefferson County Treasurer's Office
- PO Box 458
- Oskaloosa, KS 66066
- Stop by the courthouse at 300 Jefferson St. in Oskaloosa
- Want to save a trip to the courthouse? Pay online!
Notes About Paying Online:
- Online payments are handled through a third-party vendor.
- From their homepage, click on the icon that says "Local Payments"
- State: Kansas
- Payment Entity: Jefferson County Treasurer
- Paying online does require an online account