And it's time again to see what's going on with the State! With the weather warming up, starting to see some green grass, & seeing more sunshine, today I am featuring "Spring in Kansas" activities.
- The Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks is offering several sessions of what looks to be a fantastic course called "Becoming an Outdoors Woman." Check out the info here. I'm thinking about signing myself up & perhaps dragging my mom with me!
- If you're ready to get outside & enjoy the beauty of spring in Kansas, check out some of the resources available at Natural Kansas. They've got links for bird & wildlife watching as well as resources for trails, scenic drives, and bicycle routes.
- For more information on trails, check out the Kansas Trails Council. They've got great info about the hiking & biking trails across Kansas including our own local Lake Perry.
- If you're into turkey hunting, the Kansas Wetlands Education Center is sponsoring a turkey hunting seminar this Sunday, March 6th.
- March 8 is International Pancake Day! Liberal, Kansas, and Olney, England, will continue their 60year tradition of the pancake race. Check out the race specs.
And in non-spring related news:
The Kansas Statewide Career Fair is March 8 at the Bicentennial Center in Salina, KS. Recruiters from over 100 companies across Kansas will be there, some conducting on-site interviews.
KDOT is really plugging child car safety! 3 out of 4 children aren't secured correctly, so take a few minutes out of your week to get your child's carseat checked out. More info. They'd also appreciate it if you don't drink & drive.
Westar would like to remind everyone that they don't necessarily know when your power is out, so let them know! 1-800-LIGHT-KS or online if you have a user account.
And there's hope for the possibility of being able to drive 75 mph.
Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy the beautiful weather!