At Fleet Maintenance, we strive to keep
all our vehicles and machinery working at it’s best. We take care of the Sheriff’s patrol vehicles, rescue boats, work trucks, and travel vehicles. Our goal is to save tax dollars by doing as much of the service and repair work as possible ourselves.
Tips for Using County-Owned Vehicles & Equipment
Below are some things to keep in mind when operating County owned vehicles or equipment:
- It’s the operator's responsibility to check his equipment over daily for problems such as the oil, wipers, tires, lights, etc.
- Even when a vehicle has been serviced it should be checked. This ensures safety.
- Please report problems immediately. Sometimes if a problem goes too long it can ruin tires or other expensive parts. If you feel service is poor or inadequate report it.
- Anytime the operator feels that their tires are questionable it should be reported, especially if the tread is below 4/32 of an inch anywhere on the tire.
- At this time regular service is due every 5,000 miles. It is the operator's responsibility to get the vehicle scheduled and left for the mechanic.