Obtaining a Wastewater Permit
- Bring a copy of applicable Zoning Building permit to the
Jefferson County Health Department at 1212 Walnut - U.S. Highway 59 in
Oskaloosa, along with a “pre-site drawing” showing the location of
structures on the property, desired placement of the waste water
system, and all private active or abandoned water wells.
- Complete the Permit Application form and pay the current permit fee at the Health Department.
an appointment for the Jefferson County Environmental Specialist (ES)
to complete a site visit to confirm appropriate placement of the waste
- Have a Jefferson County licensed installer install the waste water system.
- Notify the Health Department when the system has been laid in the ground, and prior to covering the system.
- Following the final inspection and approval of the ES, cover the system.
- Assure the installer submits the “As Built” drawing of the system to the Health Department.
- The permit is then issued to the owner, with a copy to Jefferson County Planning and Zoning.