Click to Home

Go To Search
Jefferson County Public Works - Road Department has several permits that must be obtained prior to the related activity being conducted within Jefferson County. Below is a list of those permits.

Per Kansas Statute K.S.A. 17-1914, no person shall move a structure of 16 feet in height or more from the surface of the road when loaded without first obtaining a permit.

Entrance Applications - Contact the office at (785) 403-0279 Ext. 1. An entrance application must be obtained prior to installation of any driveway being connected to a Jefferson County Road.

Right of Way Permit - Required to do work in the road right away.

Other Department Permits are covered under Resolution 2015-003

Moving Permit
Oversized Loads-Haul Routes-Events Permit
Trash Hauling Permit

You can submit your permit by mail or by emailing it to . If you have any questions regarding any of the permits listed above please call the office at 785-403-0279 Ext. 1.

Contact Us Photo Credits Sitemap Legal Disclaimers Accessibility Powered by CivicPlus300 Jefferson St., Oskaloosa, KS 66066 (785) 403-0000