Fireworks Stand

Special Event - Temporary Use Permit

Requirements for Sale of Fireworks

The State of Kansas allows sales of fireworks from June 27th to July 5th only. The Temporary Use Permit application is intended solely for seasonal retailers as defined by the Kansas Fireworks Act (KSA 31-502(h)).
  • Completed Special Event Permit Application submitted to the Planning & Zoning office.
  • Fee paid to the County.
  • Paid Property Tax Receipt from the Treasurer's Office showing that all real property owned by the Applicant and/or Property owner are paid.
  • Written permission from property owner agreeing to the special event/ fireworks stand.
  • Must have an adult in the stand at all times.
  • Must have a fire extinguisher.
  • Must maintain a list of what firework items are on the premises and indicate the Kansas licensed distributor from whom those items were purchased.
  • If you are not the record owner of the property, do you have liability insurance?
  • Have you applied for a Kansas Sales Tax number?
  • Must follow the Kansas Administrative Regulation (K.A.R.) 22-6-1, Article 6 - Fireworks.
Please review the State Fire Marshal retail stand inspection checklist to ensure that you comply with the regulations outlined in Kansas Fireworks Act.