Public Notice -
Post-Election Audit as required by KSA 25-3009
The post-election audit will take place on Thursday August 6 starting at 9:00 a.m. The audit will be conducted in the IT Training Room across the street from the Courthouse. The Secretary of State will decide which races will be audited and the County Election Officer will select the precincts to be audited. The County Election Officer’s selection will take place at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday August 5th in the County Election Office in the Courthouse.
Voting and Elections-Who, What, When, Where, Why
THE WHO - is you.
* If you are or will be 18 by Election Day
* If you are a resident of Jefferson County
THE WHAT - Voter Registration and Voter Registration Accuracy
* You must be a registered voter for your vote to count
* Address on your Voter Registration MUST be correct. If the address you give the Poll Worker when you go to vote does not match what the Election Office has on file for you , you will be required to vote a Provisional Ballot.
THE WHEN - can be time sensitive
* If you have moved you will need to re-register
* If you have changed your name
* If you want to change party affiliation
* There is a Voter Registration deadline (20 days) before all elections.
THE WHERE - Multiple locations and methods of registration are available
* Voter Registration Applications are available:
* In the County Clerk’s Office
* On the Secretary of State’s website www.sos.kansas.gov
* On the County’s website jfcountyks.com
THE WHY - It’s your right and your responsibility
OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW:
* Primary Elections are held to reduce the field of Republican and Democrat Candidates for the General Election . In order to vote in a Primary Election you must be either a registered Republican or Democrat. If you are registered as “Unaffiliated” you will be required to declare a party at the poll. Once you do this your voter registration will change according to your declaration. If you want it to go back to “unaffiliated” you will need to re-register. If you are a registered Libertarian, you will not vote in the Primary.
* Advance Voting is an option you might want to consider. There is an application to complete for this option. Contact the County Election Office @ 785-403-0328 for more information.
* Permanent Advance voting is available if medical conditions are an issue. There is an application to complete for this option as well. Contact the County Election Office @ 785-403-0328 for more information.
* Early Voting is available in the County Clerks’ office. As a rule of thumb, Early Voting opens 20 days prior to election day and closes at noon the day prior to the election.
* Provisional Ballots are NOT a bad thing. The information you provide on the Ballot Envelopes enable us to update your voter registration.