Kansas Department of Health & Environment (KDHE) Radiation Control cordially invites you to attend Radiation Response Volunteer Corps Initial Training May 8, 2018 in Wichita, Kansas. This one day training presented by KDHE staff will include an Introduction to Community Reception Centers, Radiation Fundamentals, Population Monitoring, Risk Communication and Stress Management, Meter and Portal Operations, and Survey and Decontamination at the Community Reception Center. This activity is pending 6.25 ASRT category A continuing education credits.
Please plan to join us for RRVC!
Who Should Attend: Radiation Professionals to include Radiologic Technologists, Nuclear Medicine Technologists, Radiation Safety Officers and others who use either machine generated radiation or radioactive material in the performance of their daily jobs.
Overview: This course is to provide training to Radiation Response Volunteers. Radiation volunteers are needed to support a Community Reception Center that may be needed at the local level to provide population monitoring and decontamination to members of the public after a radiological incident. Radiation volunteers can make an impact by assisting State and Locals with population monitoring, providing medical, administrative, logistical and communication support during a radiation related emergency.
Live Training: Tuesday May 8, 2018, at 9:00 am Central Standard Time (CST) at the Wichita State University, Rhatigan Student Center, Pike Room 266, 1845 Fairmount Street, Wichita, Kansas, 67260
Cost: There is no fee for the training. The cost to you is your time and travel. Lunch will be provided.
Register NOW: If you are a Kansas learner point your browser to https://www.train.org/ks/ for all other users go to www.train.org.
KDHE-BCHS: Radiation Response Volunteer Corps Initial Training (1073056)
1. You must be logged into to your KansasTRAIN account to register for a course. If you are a new user, see instructions below.
2. Click the button on the right hand side of the homepage to add the course number 1073056, or to search by specific words, type RRVC.
3. Click the title link to view important course information.
4. Select the button for a live event.
For new KansasTrain users:
How to set up a learner account on KansasTRAIN (if you do not have an account)
1. If you are a Kansas learner point your browser to https://www.train.org/ks/. For all other users go to www.train.org.
2. Click the Create an Account button on the TRAIN login page.
3. Complete the online registration form to set up your account. Choose a login ID and password that are unique to you, write this information down and keep it in a safe place. You should receive an email welcoming you to TRAIN.
4. In order for TRAIN to send registration notifications, check the two boxes in Your Profile, Account button.
For more information, please contact: John Jones firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the KDHE Radiation Control website at http://www.kdheks.gov/radiation/rrvc.htm
Kansas Department of Health & Environment